Skip to main content

The Brown Skin Girl

Brown Skin, Body shaming, women hardship, skin color, Bullying

I was told that skin color is like a beautiful gown,
soon I realized that my gown was brown.

Gazing myself in the mirror I felt so glad,
but immediately I was told that brown is bad. 

And while growing up I felt every bit,
that I am no beauty and I am like an ugly zit.

People made fun without giving it a thought,
that mocking about physicality hurts and hurts a lot.

I felt like my confidence was beaten in a stone hurl,
with plunging self-esteem I was no more a proud girl.

People threw their advice without asking my consent,
from what I should apply on my face to which color can get me compliments.

I don't know why some even made that snark?
"Your features are good though your complexion is dark".

How does that matter?
Why do you think you should make me feel better?

My physique, my body is my identity.
I am proud of it, why do you feel pity?

This is me and I don't need your acceptance.
Who gave you rights to snap those comments?

Thanks to the condescending attitude you imbibed in me,
I faced a lot of struggles to get back that glee.

In college I escaped even the most memorable group pic,
because I thought I look ugly standing next to a fair chick.

I spent loads of money on those fairness creams,
and thought soon my dark skin will just be a bad dream.

With time my horizon expanded and I understood the fact,
I realized color is your body characteristic and it cannot impact.

You should wear it like your most possessed crown,
be it of any color- white, black, yellow or brown.

My suggestion to you is to evolve and have a heart,
every skin color is equal and is God's divine art.

Instill confidence in people rather than humiliation,
disrespecting skin color is like contempt for God's lovely creation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Sleazy Email Subject Lines That Will Kill Your Business

"Why waste a sentence saying nothing?" - Seth Godlin. Seriously, don't waste a sentence especially when it is the email subject line - the soul of the email ?  The first step towards the success of any email campaign is that email should get opened, therefore, a good subject line is extremely important. But, for some marketers, the difference between a good subject line and a misleading subject line has narrowed down. They abuse this powerful weapon to deceive customers into opening the email.  Here are some examples of deceptive subject lines:  You are invited -  For what? Your gift -  And approximately how much money I need to waste to avail this awesome gift? This is your last chance -  I am dying? Congrats! Your account just got created -  Did I ask for it? Your results are here -  What? Did I take any test?  Special discount only for you -  Really? Seems like it is for everyone on your website. Your lab results -   Was I sleepwalkin

This is How B2B Win Hearts on Valentine's Day

Brands go gaga in this love-is-in-the-air-month to show their affection for customers through offers, gifts, discounts, contests, etc. Look for what B2C do around this season on the internet, and you will find a multitude of fun and enthralling ideas and campaigns. Search for what B2B do and you will find not many but a few relevant links. The information available for B2B Valentine's Day marketing is synonymous with customer engagement tactics revolving around business. But Valentine’s Day is more than that. It is about people submerging themselves in those palpable exuberant love vibes. It is about getting cozy with your near and dear ones and express your feelings. It is about going beyond business and customers. However, B2B is often seen wrapped in their conservative cocoon and rolling eyes at such events? Because Roses are Red,  Violets are Blue, B2C celebrate Valentine’s Day,  What a B2B has to do? Well, to know the answer, read on further. If y